How much do you know about cruelty free products in fashion?
1. Circle the cosmetic companies which do not test their products on animals or use animal by-products.
3. Estee Lauder
5. Garden Botanika
8. The Body Shop
10. Max Factor
2. Did you know that the extraction of pearls can cause living torment to animals who produce them? BUT, there are inexpensive, fashionable alternatives to these pearls. CHOOSE the pearls which involve no harm to any animal life forms.
1. Real Pearls
2. Cultured Pearls
3. Artifical Pearls
4. Rice Pearls
5. Synthetic Pearls
3. Did you know that approximately 1500 silk worms die to produce 1 pound of raw silk? Circle the fabrics which do not involve animal suffering.
7. Manipuri Kota
10. Pure Chiffon
11. Pure Georgette
12. Pure Satin
4. But how can I end animal suffering? I am only one person...
THIS IS HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE...
- by SUPPORTING companies who promote cruelty-free products, you are encouraging more companies to switch from animal testing to alternative methods.
- BOYCOTT the companies that test on animals.
- WRITE to the JDRC for a list of cruelty-free companies.
- DISTRIBUTE this list to schools and libraries in your area.
WRITE to the companies which use animal tests and urge them to choose alternatives instead.
The quiz was prepared by Kalpana-Bhavana-Shobhana-Sujata Shah, Los Angeles, CA.
1. The companies that do not test their products on animals or use animal by-products are:
1. Origins 5. Garden Botanika 7. MAC 11. Phylosophy
2. The pearls which involve no harm to any animal life form are:
3. Artificial Pearls 5. Synthetic Pearls
3. The fabrics which do not involve animal suffering are:
3. Rayon 6. Polyester 8. Nylon
4. You can make a difference by doing any or all activities!